Policy notes and reports: (most recent on top)
- Francesconi, G.N., Wouterse, F. (2017) “A new generation of cooperatives for Africa”. CIAT Policy Brief No. 37. Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT). Cali, Colombia. 4 p.
- Francesconi, G.N., Wouterse, F. (2017).”Principles and Metrics for Cooperative Agribusiness in Africa”. CTA/CIAT-CGIAR and IFPRI-CGIAR.
- Francesconi, G.N., M. L. Cook, K. Livingston (2015).”A Policy Note on Agricultural Cooperatives in Africa”. CIAT, University of Missouri and OCDC.
- Borzaga, C., G. Galera, R. Bodini, G. T. Abate, Z. Dossa, G.N. Francesconi and R. M. Ochanda (2014). “The Potential of the Social Economy for Local Development in Africa: an Exploratory Report”. Directorate-General for External Policies of the European Union, Policy Department, EU Parliament.
- Wanyama, F., C. Poulton, H. Markelova, C. Dutilly, J. Bjiman, G.N. Francesconi, T. Bernard, M. Cook, O. Badiane and F. Wouterse (2014). “Collective Action among African Smallholders: Trends and Lessons for Future Development Strategies”. IFPRI Thematic Research Note n.5.
Scientific articles and books: (most recent on top)
- Wouterse, F. and G.N. Francesconi (2016). “Organisational health and performance: an empirical assessment of smallholder producer organisations in Africa”. Journal on Chain and Network Science, Wageningen University.
- Francesconi, G.N. and F. Wouterse (2015). “Promoting the Role of Farmer-Based Organizations for Value Chain Integration: the Tension between a Program’s Targeting and an Organization’s Investment Strategy”. Agricultural Economics the Journal of the IAAE.
- Francesconi, G.N. and F. Wouterse (2015). “The Health of Farmer-based Organizations in Ghana: Organizational Diagnostics and Policy Implications”. Journal of Development Studies.
- Francesconi, G.N. and R. Ruben (2014). “FairTrade’s Theory of Change: an Evaluation based on the Cooperative Life Cycle Framework and Mixed Methods”. Journal of Development Effectiveness.
- Abate, G.T., Francesconi G. N. and Getnet K. (2014), “Impact of Agricultural Cooperatives on Smallholders’ Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Ethiopia”. Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics.
- Francesconi, G.N. and R. Ruben (2012). “The Hidden Impact of Cooperative Membership on Quality Management: A Case Study from the Dairy Belt of Addis Ababa”. Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity.
- Francesconi G.N. and F. Wouterse (2011). “The Renewed Case for Farmers’ Cooperatives: Diagnostics and Implications from Ghana”. IFPRI discussion paper n.01129.
- Salifu, A. and G.N. Francesconi (2010). “A review of Farmer-Based Organizations in Ghana”. IFPRI discussion paper n.00998.
- Francesconi, G.N. and N. Heerink (2010). “Ethiopian Agricultural Cooperatives in an Era of Global Commodity Exchange: Does Organizational Form Matter?”. Journal of African Economies.
- Francesconi, G.N., N. Heerink, M. D’Haese (2010). “Evolution and challenges of dairy supply chains: Evidence from supermarkets, industries and consumers in Ethiopia”. Journal of Food Policy.
- Francesconi, G.N. (2009). “Cooperation for Competition: Linking Ethiopian Farmers to Markets”. Volume 5 of International Supply Chains and Networks Series, Wageningen Academic Publishers.